What a great way to start the New Year! Thank you NZFuture Community Trust for inviting me as a guest speaker for the digital marketing strategy workshop for small businesses. A great audience, meaningful conversations, and interesting questions.
It was a pleasure to learn from future-forward and enthusiastic people about their challenges and help them draft some ideas for social media and content marketing.
The workshop covered two of the most important aspects of digital marketing – social media and content marketing. All materials, including industry templates and tools introduced during the workshop, were also provided via Google Classroom. Such an approach greatly benefited learning as I kept my Google Classroom open even after the workshop finished, to give participants time to download the resources they found useful. For two days we talked and experimented with some approaches that proved to be effective:
Digital Marketing Workshop: Day 1
- Digital marketing strategy overview: goals/strategy/metrics
- Understanding customers: buyer persona creation/online-based research tools
- Social media audit: purpose/key steps/tools
- Social media marketing overview: key aspects/content creation/ scheduling/tools
Digital Marketing Workshop: Day 2
- Content marketing overview
- Content marketing best practices: types of content, content scheduling/effective writing attributes
- Content marketing analytics: what to measure and how. Tools and resources
What workshops would you be interested in attending in the future? Select your top 3 topics. Thank you!
Being in marketing education, I always look for new partnerships with NZ businesses to keep my teaching grounded in real business experiences, so the workshop was beneficial in many respects, not to mention the fresh perspectives I gained for my digital marketing course that is kicking off in March at the University of Auckland. So, I hope Russians are right in saying that the beginning of the new year sets the tone for the next 12 months. I hope it’s going to be a busy and productive year.